Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree2Likes
Er...um... I am female. What is PEBKAU? I can't even see a video black box right now. There is always an empty, white space on the page. It won't even ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Er...um... I am female. What is PEBKAU? I can't even see a video black box right now. There is always an empty, white space on the page. It won't even show up. Guess forget about this? I cannot install Ubuntu 12.0 because tried it from neighbor's disk and from website for Linux and I can't get a usb mouse to work with it. What else could I do that would work with usb mouse easier and be able to view videos? I have done so much installing and uninstalling my poor tower.

Just Joined!
    Goodness learn something new every day. So drivers are not the same. Didn't know about hardware. Never even been inside a computer before and wouldn't know what to do in there.

Just Joined!
    oh ho so PEBKAU is an insult to me? well I never! Problem between keyboard and user? psssst

RE: Didn't see s.th. else in the list. A lot of others, however.
    You Karma that you have not wished but the Gods have destined to you is to become the most acquainted person with Linux OSs ... & Firefox within a radius of 1000 miles.
    Open the terminal and write:
    $ firefox -jsconsole
    and see the error messages there.
    Skip the messages with the warning sign, skip the messages with the light bulb pictogram & pay attemtion to the messages with the no-entry sign (errors on loading firefox) - if any.
    Right click with the mouse one-by-one on ALL of the messages with no-entry sign, copy them into a text file, then copy and paste the error report here.

Quote Originally Posted by vocaldix View Post
    oh ho so PEBKAU is an insult to me? well I never! Problem between keyboard and user? psssst
    I apologize if you take offense. I only mentioned this because you have been given pages and pages of advice and listen to some and ignore others.
    I don't see anyone on this forum recommending that you install Debian 7. Mint 13 Mate with Codecs maybe. But not Debian whose philosophy follows
    non proprietary initial install and requires a experienced linux user to tweak to ones preferences using non-free proprietary software.

My wife yells at me once in a while, so I apologize again for being a crude, rude, tattooed biker who has no manners. I will back out of your thread now and
    let the more proficient users on this forum advise you. Sorry.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    I was not talking to you rokytnji! So, so sorry. I was talking to that newbie above. Yes, you and others did mention Mint 13 Mate and I believe I answered that I only have CD-Roms and have to buy DVD's to download it to install it. Just got social security check so will buy some this weekend. I will let you all go from this thread. I want to thank you all so much for trying to help me and forgive my ignorance and installing a hard OS. You have not been crude nor rude. The other one offends me. I tried downloading Mint to cd-rom and got message I didn't have enough space on it and needed a dvd. I have tried to answer and post what you have given me in answers. Goodbye and God Bless.

Just Joined!
    I got: command not found. Good bye and thanks for your assistance. I am not posting here again.

I still think most of your problems are related to the BIOS problem that initially caused XP to mess up.

I would recommend seeing if there is a Linux User Group nearby and some kind soul might have a look at it.

Just Joined!
    They probably are. Error blue page with xP said something about Bios and to contact my vendor. I did that and had no answer. I will use this OS to check email and then probably wipe the harddrive and trash the thing. Thanks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6