Find the answer to your Linux question:
Halo all, I would like to setup a torrent server where people can download files and will able to download torrent at local server speed at my local network. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need some Idea

Halo all, I would like to setup a torrent server where people can download files and will able to download torrent at local server speed at my local network. I have search google about that but I have no idea how to do that. I will work on debian. Though I have tried turnKey. Can anyone share the steps to attain a torrent server? I require following.

1. User will visit the website and will log on using username and password.
    2. They will get the latest torrent files on front page.
    3. They can search a file and can download torrent using utorrent or any torrent client.
    4. They can also upload torrent file.
    5. User must have to seed in order to download any file.

I think you're misunderstanding the concept behind torrents. They're distributed, peer to peer, rather than server to client. If you want to set up a site that collects information about torrents and provides links to them (a torrent aggregator), then the information should be available through your favourite search engine on the internet. There are also extensive notes about setting up a website to do authenticated log-in.

To share files with torrents, you only need a torrent application, something like ktorrent or utorrent should do the job - but there are many alternatives available.

Alas for many people, peer to peer file sharing is all about taking copyright content and sharing it. As we cannot condone this behaviour at Linux Forums, providing help to make it happen would be against our principles. If this thread runs off down that route, it will be locked, sorry.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Can I protect a folder at www directory from root to do anything with it? (can't read write copy) but the software will be visible through web browser.

Protect a directory in the www area to prevent the root user from reading it? Not normally. You can use fuse to mount encrypted directories, which you then access with your own password/key, but the web server cannot read and serve files if it cannot read it. Why on earth would you want to prevent the root user from being able to see the contents? Normally the administrator wouldn't go poking around people's personal files without good reason.

Just Joined!
    I'm realizing my question becoming weird. Actually what I meant that if I make a web-based software for shearing files. How would I stop copying the content so that it can not be resold by the first party. Though my starting question was away from my current need, because I thought configuring torrent server would be heard so i would not be worried about copying it. But now I realized that there is no such thing as torrent server so my question is leading to different path. Mainly I want to prevent copying the content of my web-based software by the first party whom I sold the software other than copyright law.

Ahh, that's a bit clearer. It all depends really on what you define as 'content'. If you mean how to stop people stealing your images and text from your website, that may be difficult. You're serving those files freely, so if someone is going to re-use them your best protection is in copyright law. You might be able to hide your content behind a log-on mechanism or paywall that limits access to it, but it's not a prevention.

If your web page output is generated by some kind of back end process, a bit of php or c# for example, then the server won't serve up your source files, but it will execute your code to produce the output that is then sent to the remote/client system web browser. The stuff that is sent cannot easily be protected, but simple firewall security will prevent most people from accessing your source files.