Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
You sound like a candidate for a chromebook. Posted from my chromebook. It's a nice device. ARM cpu, light, no fan, long battery life, cheap to buy, and it runs ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

You sound like a candidate for a chromebook.

Posted from my chromebook. It's a nice device. ARM cpu, light, no fan, long battery life, cheap to buy, and it runs Debian as well as ChromeOS. I only boot Debian on it when I need to, although it only takes 30 seconds or so. Booting Chrome takes ~15 seconds, and for simple interweb stuff it works fine.

For the OP: the netinstall for Debian is less than half a gigabyte. I don't recall the exact size, but it's small. But it presumes that you have an internet connection to do the install. But if you don't have an internet connection, having the DVDs means you can install everything, and lend them to your friends who can also install everything without an internet connection. Something for everyone, a comedy tonight.

First time I installed Debian 7 I did use the NetInstall, Second time I used the "Live" version and put the firmware I needed to start my wifi into the "firmware" folder on the USB so I'd only need the single USB and not a second one with the firmware on it.

Just Joined!
    Another reason for having the dvd's. You have your favorite distro installed. You don't want to change this distro, not ever. Debian upgrades. Eventually the repo's for your favorite distro vanish. Now you want to install an app. You're still in business if you have the dvd's.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by BowCatShot View Post
    Another reason for having the dvd's. You have your favorite distro installed. You don't want to change this distro, not ever. Debian upgrades. Eventually the repo's for your favorite distro vanish. Now you want to install an app. You're still in business if you have the dvd's.
    that's a good point. i do the same thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2