Find the answer to your Linux question:
As most of you know I'm a Deb-Head. Debian based Op Systems are what I'm most comfortable with and I've been running Point Linux now for probably 3 months with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Trying out KWheezy.

As most of you know I'm a Deb-Head. Debian based Op Systems are what I'm most comfortable with and I've been running Point Linux now for probably 3 months with it's MATE desktop and I'm totally lovin' it.
    Of course on occasion it's nice to spice things up a bit and throw a different Distro on my #3 laptop just to play around a bit.
    I just installed KWheezy(Debian 7.2 with a KDE desktop) on ol' #3 and man, is KDE hard to get around on. Almost as complicated as Windows, LOL.
    I did finally figure out how to get my panel on top of my screen where I like it and I've added a few of my more used apps to it so I can find them easily but wow, they load this Distro down with a lot of extra "crap". There's apps I'll never use in a million years and for some reason when I try to add apps that I want the Repo says it has an error installing them. Oh well, at least this is just a "play" Distro, not givin' up my Point Linux anytime soon, it really is THAT good IMHO. So, anyone else using KWheezy or KDE as their desktop and what are some tricks to make it easier to live with? Thanks.

Not all KDE Distros are the same. Just installed Kubuntu and it has a lot less "junk" that comes with it and I can actually get around on it a bit. Might run it for a few days to get use to KDE so I can see what all the fuss is about. LOL