Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
Originally Posted by chris_inx dirlist_enable If set to NO, all directory list commands will give permission denied. Default: YES chroot_local_user If set to YES, local users will be (by default) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by chris_inx View Post
    dirlist_enable
    If set to NO, all directory list commands will give permission denied.
    Default: YES

chroot_local_user
    If set to YES, local users will be (by default) placed in a chroot() jail in their home directory after login. Warning: This option has security implications, especially if the users have upload permission, or shell access. Only enable if you know what you are doing. Note that these security implications are not vsftpd specific. They apply to all FTP daemons which offer to put local users in chroot() jails.
    Default: NO

chroot_list_enable
    -If you set this one to YES, and chroot_local_user is set to NO (your case), then all users listed in /etc/vsftpd/chroot_list will be placed in a chroot() jail in their home directory upon login.
    -If you set this one to YES, and chroot_local_user is set to YES, then all users listed in /etc/vsftpd/chroot_list will NOT be placed in a chroot() jail in their home directory upon login.
    Default: NO

(all three found in the man page of vsftpd)

So, I guess that you may have forgot to add the user 'user1' to the
    /etc/vsftpd.chroot_list file ?
    I tried, still doesnt work as ftp account

thanks for reply

Anyone help me please what i should to do else??

Linux Guru

Just Joined!
    cmds_allowed
    This options specifies a comma separated list of allowed FTP commands (post login. USER, PASS and QUIT and others are always allowed pre-login). Other commands are rejected. This is a powerful method of really locking down an FTP server. Example: cmds_allowed=PASV,RETR,QUIT

Default: (none)

cmds_denied
    This options specifies a comma separated list of denied FTP commands (post login. USER, PASS, QUIT and others are always allowed pre-login). If a command appears on both this and cmds_allowed then the denial takes precedence. (Added in v2.1.0).

Default: (none)

(found here).

Here's a list of RAW FTP Commands. Include a definition and syntax for every listed commands.

Hope it helps.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2