Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DJeffRush
Hi, I have Debian Wheezy, I configured Evolution 3.4.4 for imap+ and it's working great. I went to import my old PST file. I pick my file, then go to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Evolution 3.4.4. Won't import PST. file type is greyed out.

Hi, I have Debian Wheezy, I configured Evolution 3.4.4 for imap+ and it's working great. I went to import my old PST file. I pick my file, then go to the "file type" drop down and all choices are greyed out. I'm dead in the water here. I can only "go back" or "cancel".

I checked the plug-ins and I have the "outlook pst import" plug in enabled.

What do I do now? I'm stuck at this point.

Nothing is ever easy is it?

Suggestion:

Check permissions. See this How To

Use Kmail for conversion of Outlook file type to one compatible with Linux mail clients

Thank you for that info. Any idea which folder I need to make that permission change on?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    No, since I am not a user of Evolution. (hidden files begin with a dot, so use the command ls -al -- good luck!). I use webmail, myself.

I did see some documentation on Bugs and such you may want to check out. Debian is great for documentation!

I checked permissions on my evolution folder /home/jgross/.local/share/evolution, and found I'm the owner of the folder, sub folder, and files, with Create and delete permissions. This should be enough to do the deed of conversion. It's still not letting me pick file type in order to continue the import. Now I'm thinking that the aility to convert a PST file is not somehow "turned on" even though it says I have the plug-in. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Welp... it's the file size. The PST file is 3GB... I tried it with another pst file that's only 906 megs and it works fine. So now I'll have to figure out a way of parsing out the crap I really don't need. Thanks for al the recommendations. We were doing everything right... Seems anything over 2GB for a PST is terribly unstable. Nice.
    sidzen likes this.