Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, all! I am in a location with very, very slow internet (270kbps split up amongst up to 30 concurrent users). Because of this, I am for the most part ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Live USB From ALL Debian Install Discs?

Hello, all!

I am in a location with very, very slow internet (270kbps split up amongst up to 30 concurrent users). Because of this, I am for the most part unable to download things in any kind of timely manner.

So, I am needing to install Debian on a computer. Before coming here, I downloaded the 3 Debian install DVD .iso images so that I would not need to download anything.

Unfortunately, it turns out that most of the computers here do not have DVD drives... only CD readers.

So, here is what I am planning: Create a CD that will allow me to boot to a USB device, then install Debian from a flash drive

What I am here for: I would like to be able to put the contents of all 3 DVDs onto a flash drive, and install from there.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
    ElectroPulse
    Last edited by ElectroPulse; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:30 AM.

Linux Engineer
    Most software you need is going to be on the first DVD.

The later DVDs / CDs should just be additional packages. If you need to, you could combine all those packages into one ISO, but you'd have to remake the package index on that ISO.