Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Progeny Debian, and under the installation, it probed my graphics card to be Ati Radeon 9800, which is correct.. But when trying to install the ati drivers ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems installing ATI drivers on Progeny Debian 2

I just installed Progeny Debian, and under the installation, it probed my graphics card to be Ati Radeon 9800, which is correct..

But when trying to install the ati drivers that I downloaded, I get this error:

dpkg-divert: `diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/share/fglrx/diversions/libGL.so.1.2 by fglrx-4.3.0-driver' clashes with `diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/X11R6/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by nvidia-glx'
    dpkg: error processing fglrx-4.3.0-driver_3.14.6-1_i386.deb (--install):
    subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 2

nvidia? I havent chosen nvidia, and I do not have anything nvidia in my pc...
    How do I fix this?

Please help!

Linux Engineer
    Are the nvidia driver installed?
    if so first un-install them (probly only this)

otherwise, try resetting the "default" debian driver for vga video card.
    also, just out of curiosity, look in the /etc/modprobe.preload look if one of the line specify EXACTLY THIS LINE "nvidia" if so, remove it and the lib wont be laoded... install the driver from CLI after that
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps