Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation Network Manager installation offline on Debian Wheezy ARM

Okay, I found a Network Manager GUI for ARM. The version of Debian I am using is Debian Wheezy ARM on a Sylvania netbook with a WM8505. After failing to get WiFi and Ethernet working on Linux even though I did use the script for WiFi from the root folder, I was looking for a network manager. I found several of them, but one I was very familiar to is Network Manager. I found it on the Arch Linux website and it is the ARM version. I downloaded it only to be present with a bunch of folders in a compress file. The contents of the file are names like, bin & usr. I would like some help getting this installed and working. Help would be appreciated.

Download Link: goo .gl/L3wDqE

PS: The script that I used originally, only enabled WiFi capabilities so I can use iwconfig and another iw command to scan wifi networks and other things. It found my network, but it never connected to it. I also tried YouTube videos, but that didin't help/work either. There is no native network manager in the Debian installation I have. This Debian installation is the only Debian installation that works properly with LXDE and without a kernel panic upon boot even if it's not on lock mode on the SD card that it is installed to.

I'd say get your ethernet working and use apt-get to install whatever you want. Is the driver for your ethernet device loaded?

Linux Guru
    installing networkmanager won't fix your network problems.
    you should fix those first, then install the GUI thingymagick.

are we talking wireless only? does this machine even have a ethernet connection?

anyhow, you can start with this: https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=24

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    > After failing to get WiFi and Ethernet working

The way I understand it there is ethernet.

Linux Guru
    -->