Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Is it possible to load multiple language support on headless server?

As subject says, Is it possible to load multiple language support on headless server?

I have 2 VMs running deb 8 and deb 9 minimal server. I want to run Emby server on iether.
    However my media collection have movies where filenames are not English but in Russian.
    Every time I need to run a processing script or even move,copy this files I can't.
    Scripts error out. And terminal show gibrish for filenames or "??"
    Is there a way to make this system speak both languages at the same time?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Linux User
    You should change the encoding, not really the language. Some of the most robust UTF encodings (not the UTF- should support Russian and Latin characters.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Well I need to have both languages/encodings support.
    I only have a few files using Russian encoding. Most are English. I am slowly renameing everything using translit but it is difficult to read.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    it's possible to have multiple locales.

start here: https://wiki.debian.org/Locale (but do more research; both on debian wiki and the wild web)

however i suspect additional challenges in the server environment.

and don't believe a word cartercox is saying; they're so full of ass liquid.

Linux User
    Лвдыыдыьм كنو ٌٌٌ ";*+$-$+_;$+2(2(92(+';"!")#/#[{€¢=•÷¶|∆•∆¢}£∆`}€}
    ينسنخشمصياليلاااينرورنيمسمشحصحص

^ That's UTF-16.

You are welcome kid.

Quote Originally Posted by nihili View Post
    it's possible to have multiple locales.
    start here: https://wiki.debian.org/Locale (but do more research; both on debian wiki and the wild web)

however i suspect additional challenges in the server environment.

and don't believe a word cartercox is saying; they're so full of ass liquid.
    agree with nihili here about everything. installing the language packs is step one but you also need font(s) for those languages. and if all your trying to do is get the filenames to come up right installing a font with support for that character set may be all you need.

and CarterCock is full of it, as always. he doesnt know the difference between things and is trying to display what (very) little he knows. best to ignore that assclown.

Linux User
    Wow. habit said something other than "use Google you idiot" and "I won't do your homework!".

Hey guys. I asked a question because I am not an expert.
    If it was a desktop it would have been simpler as I felt with it before but on a headless system I am not sure what to do.

Stop fighting please.
    Be nice .

I will try the suggestions and let you know if it worked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CarterCox View Post
    Wow. habit said something other than "use Google you idiot" and "I won't do your homework!".
    vl1969 ignore CarterCock. i've left things in toilets i had more respect for than him.

Linux User
    Do you mean as in voluntarily leaving? Sometimes my phone falls in the toilet and I'm forced to leave it, but that doesn't mean I don't respect the phone, it's just that it's dirty and has diseases.

Regardless of your poor analogy, your respect for me is irrelevant. You are not an authority on GNU/Linux. You are just some text in a forum.

So f off Harry Potter. You don't matter!