Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone provide me support on how to install Woody Release 2 on a Samsung SATA Hard Disk 80gb.......i am having problems reading my sata disk by the debian installation ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sata for debian

Can anyone provide me support on how to install Woody Release 2 on a Samsung SATA Hard Disk 80gb.......i am having problems reading my sata disk by the debian installation cd's.....

Linux Engineer
    Whats the error message you're getting?
    is this the network install or the "full" install
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

The kernel included in the install disks might be too old to recognize your SATA hardware.

You could always do a hdd install of Knoppix or SimplyMepis if you want an easy way to get Debian installed.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    hi UgoDeschamps..when i'm installing it on my h/disk it gets hanfed while detecting the h/ware and i have to restart my comp.........is there any external support available for SATA....