Okay, i am a linux n00b and i'm not going to lie. However i am not a computer noob. Basically i have 2x360GDs (36.7GBs) which as we all know is not enough for todays needs such as music. I mean to run them seperately. I want to run Raid0 because i may want to reinstall win2k (right now im agravated with how crappy windows is) to play my favorite 3d games.

In any case i can't get by the debian install. I downloaded sarge and burned the cds and everything and it is one pain in the ass. I CANNOT GET IT TO SET UP MY RAID. I get really weird errors. There is driver support and the install sees both of my drives. The problem is that when i go into raid config i set the 2 harddrives to have raid partitions. Then i go into MD editor and set them together as Raid0. My problem is that whenever i set partitions it comes up with and error:

ext3 (or reiserfs none of them work) filesystem failed to write on md0 device #0

that ofcourse is me paraphrasing. I read online about mdadm but i cant get that to work either. I get lost at step one where i type in /proc/mdstat and it returns Permission denied.

PLEASE I BEG ALL OF YOU. I'M FED UP WITH CORRUPTED REGISTRYS AND VIRUSPROTECTION AND SPYWARE OF WINDOWS! I WANT TO SWITCH MY SYSTEM TO LINUX!!! God bless you all for making such an alternative.

btw just in case system specs (i can clock it down for the install):
athlon xp 2600+Mobile (@2450MHz)
DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B (@245FSB)
512 Corsair PC4000 PRO (@490MHz 3-4-4-
BFG 6800GT (420/1.2 oc'd through driver ofcourse)
SB Audigy 2 zs Platinum
onboard sil3114 (4xsata ports)
2xWD360GD Raptor (10,000rpm 8MB cache SATA)
52x24x52 Lite-On CD-RW
16x Lite-On DVD
Antec NeoPower480 PSU