Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I haven't really tried any LiveCDs... I want Debian and they don't make a LiveCD. I just really wanna get to the bottom of this... I cannot install any Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I haven't really tried any LiveCDs... I want Debian and they don't make a LiveCD. I just really wanna get to the bottom of this... I cannot install any Linux distro, and I'm a little pissed. I really don't wanna stay with Winbloze.. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothXIIIX
    I haven't really tried any LiveCDs... I want Debian and they don't make a LiveCD. I just really wanna get to the bottom of this... I cannot install any Linux distro, and I'm a little pissed. I really don't wanna stay with Winbloze.. :-/
    Can I ask why you want Debian in particular? There are plenty of Debian-based distros that have live CDs (Knoppix, Mepis, Ubuntu).

Is it possible that you're burning the ISOs at too fast a speed? Try 2x or 4x. The install disk itself could be corrupt.

Just Joined!
    I want Debian, in particular, because it is very good for webhosting/file sharing/all-around hosting. No, I burned the disk fine, this is not the problem.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothXIIIX
    I want Debian, in particular, because it is very good for webhosting/file sharing/all-around hosting. No, I burned the disk fine, this is not the problem.
    So is FreeBSD

It's considered more stable than alot if not all Linuxes. It's whatever appeals to you at the end of the day.

But if it's Linux you want, I think Slackware or Debian would be excellent for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2