Find the answer to your Linux question:
First, when the partitioner loads it does not recognize the correct amount of space on the hard drive. Second, I agree to the install with the incorrect amount of space ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble Installing

First, when the partitioner loads it does not recognize the correct amount of space on the hard drive.

Second, I agree to the install with the incorrect amount of space and get this error message:

"Input/output error during read on /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc

Error!!"

Anybody know what might be up? I've tried doing a couple of different things but nothing's worked. I don't wanna go into what I tried unless u ask, or else I'll get very wordy and this post will get very tedious to read.

Durandal
    As far as I know I don't have an SCSI card or drive.

Linux Newbie

Re: Trouble Installing

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal
    First, when the partitioner loads it does not recognize the correct amount of space on the hard drive.
    could be that some consider a kilobyte to be 1024 bytes, and other consider it to be 1000 bytes. (someone correct me if i am wrong, please)

Just Joined!

right

It's recognizing around 900 MB when it should be recognizing 90 GB.

I agree to the 900 MB (let's just get Senor Debian installed, I'm thinkin) but that's when I get the error message. I was reading about some other partitioning tools that can be run from the command line, was wondering if that might be a good option.

Winter

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I think early in the install, you can start in fdisk to get to the partition manager. The tool has a menu and help that will tell you what the options are for setting up your disk.