Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi - I have installed Debian Sarge on my laptop and am now trying to get everything set up for my Linksys WPC54G wireless PCMCIA card. I am trying to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linksys WPC54G card install -- help!

Hi -

I have installed Debian Sarge on my laptop and am now trying to get everything set up for my Linksys WPC54G wireless PCMCIA card. I am trying to connect to two wireless networks; one at home and one at my college campus. Both are WEP encrypted.

I have seen a lot of various articles and tutorials on this but none of them have made any sense to me. I am still very much a newbie to Linux and so any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Just Joined!
    I seem to have asked a forbidden question. Oops. Well, let's see if I can make the situation easier.

I have managed to install the drivers using ndiswrapper, though it upgraded my kernel for me in the process (debian selected the 2.6.8 kernel to be installed in conjunction with ndiswrapper from aptitude). I managed to follow all the instructions and everything looked okay, but I still can't connect wirelessly. Any ideas?