Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I have reinstalled Debian again from the 180 mb small netinstaller-CD. Everything works well. I have installed "apt-get install x-window-system" and set it all up and restarted my pc. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help me with starting Debian up, plz

Hello. I have reinstalled Debian again from the 180 mb small netinstaller-CD.
    Everything works well. I have installed "apt-get install x-window-system" and set it all up and restarted my pc. Now then i try to "apt-get install gnome", it just says "dpkg was interupted. You must manually dpkg --reconfigure -a to correct the problem".
    Now what should i do now? I have tried typing "dpkg --reconfigure -a", but what should i do there?
    Please help me and tell me what to do.

Edit: By the way, then i downloaded "apt-get install x-window-system", and i came to the blue screen, i think it was, i set it all up, and it goes back to a black screen. Now i don't remember what was standing in that black page, but it wasn't anything i understood much of. To much nerdy for me, i think. And then it just stood and i couldnt write or anything else, so after 10 minutes i restarted. And now then i tries to write anything with "apt-get..." it says: "dpkg was interupted. You must manually dpkg --reconfigure -a to correct the problem".

Please help me...

Just Joined!
    Oups nevermind, i thought it stood "--reconfigure", but there stood "--configure" Silly me...