Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'll installed a few kde applications in Ubunutu. The fonts (on the taskbars and menus) are hudge. How do i change the look of kde applications in gnome. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kde apps look bad in gnome

I'll installed a few kde applications in Ubunutu. The fonts (on the taskbars and menus) are hudge.

How do i change the look of kde applications in gnome. I have tried gtk-theme-switch but doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Linux User

Different widgets!

Applications uses widgets libraries to draw buttons, menus and other things...

Kde are based on QT, gnome on GTk+. gtk-theme-switch controls only GTK+ widgets, bit for controlling QT I think there's only one choice: KDE. Sadly this require to install all KDE desktop enviroment

Using this solution (installing KDE), you can control the GTK+ widgets look using KDE plugins (the result is not perfect, but it's very good): in this way everything looks like KDE applications, even GNOME applications; this implies you will not use GNOME as desktop manager. If you don't like use KDE, I suggest to get another solution.
    When using Windows, have you ever told "Ehi... do your business?"
    Linux user #396597 (http://counter.li.org)