Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello i seem to be having a slight problem.. if someone could spare a moment and give me a solution i would greatly appreciate it. Problem: Executing a couple porgrams ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Execution Problems

Hello i seem to be having a slight problem.. if someone could spare a moment and give me a solution i would greatly appreciate it. Problem: Executing a couple porgrams from menu(synaptic,Nautilus) ive also tryed in root so i do not think it's an permission probllem.Second Problem: Downloading from browser .. when clicking on a dowload link browser will automaticaly close and the download manager will not appear. I hope ive made it clear of what the problem is and again thank you in advanced

Linux User

Re: Execution Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel
    Problem: Executing a couple porgrams from menu(synaptic,Nautilus) ive also tryed in root so i do not think it's an permission probllem. I hope ive made it clear of what the problem is and again thank you in advanced
    its not really clear... do the programs not open when you click them from the menu? (i.e when you click applications > system > nautilus nothing happens?.... sorry if i got the menus wrong i dont use gnome)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel
    Second Problem: Downloading from browser .. when clicking on a dowload link browser will automaticaly close and the download manager will not appear.
    what browser are you using?
    registered linux user #390920 << makes me feel important

Just Joined!

Re: Execution Problems

Quote Originally Posted by whisker
    (sorry if i got the menus wrong i dont use gnome)
    Hehe i don't use gnome either.. and i fixed the problem that i know of.. i must of uninstalled a needed lib , becase i downloaded a new browser (Dillo) to test and after that thing's started to work again.. heh but again i do thank you for taking the time to reply