Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, I'm thinkin gof getting a 6600GT board for my new 64 computer I'm building. Anyone have experience with the 6600GT board and debian sarge? Just want to make sure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nvidia graphics card opinion

Ok, I'm thinkin gof getting a 6600GT board for my new 64 computer I'm building. Anyone have experience with the 6600GT board and debian sarge? Just want to make sure it wokrs before I plunk down some $$.

cheers!

Just Joined!
    I'm using a 6600GT with an AMD 64 and there were no problems once the drivers were installed. Prior to that I'd suggest using the vesa driver as the nv driver, for me anyway, caused the screen to slowly artifact until it was illegible. I'm using a different distro right now due to some unrelated troubles with Debian but the video card ought to work fine.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slackitude
    I'm using a 6600GT with an AMD 64 and there were no problems once the drivers were installed. Prior to that I'd suggest using the vesa driver as the nv driver, for me anyway, caused the screen to slowly artifact until it was illegible. I'm using a different distro right now due to some unrelated troubles with Debian but the video card ought to work fine.
    Worked for me too once I had the correct drivers installed; the drivers that came with the debian distro (nv or vesa) wouldn't work. I had to go to the Nvidia site and download theirs, but they have good Linux support (IMHO).