Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
FIXED thanks to a person who goes by linportal i have fixed this issue linportal wrote: Code: OK, if you have doublechecked everything and still have that same problem I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Talking

FIXED
    thanks to a person who goes by linportal i have fixed this issue

linportal wrote:
    Code:
    OK, if you have doublechecked everything and still have that same problem I would suggest the following:

- install x-ttcidfont-conf package
    - install msttcorefonts package
    - install freefont package
    - install ttf-bitstream-vera package
    - install ttf-xfree86-nonfree package

That should get you a fine collection of truetype fonts to start. Now, go edit your /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fs/config (deliberately using that long path to ascertain file is in place) and make sure you have /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType/ path listed in the catalogue line. Even better, copy this (it's proven to work) and put it in the config file:

catalogue = /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/,
    /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,
    /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,
    /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType/,
    /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1/,
    /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/,
    /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/

It should all be on one line (broken here just for presentation purposes) and without spaces between paths. Restart xfs, restart firefox. Now, do you see any difference, do you see text in flash now?
    if you're on Debian or Ubuntu, make sure the packages that are listed in the first portion of this article. You will more than likely need to create some needed symlinks, but according to the information given, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Just Joined!

Talking Fixed!

I'm using Ubuntu Edgy and was having the same trouble of missing text in my firefox flash extension. I fixed it using the instructions found at the following link:

http://linux.inet.hr/flash_plugin_on_x11r7.html

This is where the text from the above post comes from, but there are some additional suggestions there that I had to follow before everything started working. Hope this helps someone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2