Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok now i am using a vertion of deb know as Xandros. but my problume is that something i am trying to install can only be downloaded as a .deb.bin.... ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    aoc
    Just Joined!

.deb.bin

ok now i am using a vertion of deb know as Xandros. but my problume is that something i am trying to install can only be downloaded as a .deb.bin.... how do i install it or make it a .deb so it will install...

i know it is kinda a noob question. i am trying to do a full migration to linux and am exparemnting with alot of different vertions.... xandros and linspire so far i find are the best

Just Joined!
    I'm not very familiar with Xandros but I do know that it relies on the APT packaging system. If you're already aware of apt, then you can disregard this. Otherwise, take a look at this, which seems to describe how to get Debian packages in Xandros. Again, excuse my lack of familiarity with Xandros--but I figured a bad response is probably better than none at all.

Basically, you say you're downloading packages. You should never have to manually download a package if it's part of the Debian or Xandros repository. The distribution, especially one like Xandros, will have some sort of packaging utility available.

well if it is a .bin it is installed
    Code:
    ./program_name.bin
    The fact that there is a deb in there shouldn't matter
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good