Find the answer to your Linux question:
anyone knows where can i find the UBUNTU or OS X first tell me the download page aaa and what's usefull both of them? Well I want OS X actually ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux UBUNTU or OS X

anyone knows where can i find the UBUNTU or OS X first tell me the download page aaa and what's usefull both of them? Well I want OS X actually but if ubuntu is better than OS X no problem i can download it too and OS X's version is hmm well if i can download the last versoin don't need to download the old versions i can download it. I'm using Windows Xp Pro But i want to use Linux OS X or UBUNTU but i don't wanna use the LIVE CDs both of them. Ah and FREE

Thanks

First off, do you have an Apple computer? (I'm guessing you don't since you are running MS Windows.) OS X will not run on anything but Apple hardware without illegal hacks (which I will not discuss). Secondly, OS X is *not* free. The latest version is roughly $120. None of us can tell you if OS X is better, but if you have a regular PC, it's not even an option.

I think perhaps you're confusing Apple's OS X with something else. There is no such thing as "Linux OS X".
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    First off, do you have an Apple computer? (I'm guessing you don't since you are running MS Windows.) OS X will not run on anything but Apple hardware without illegal hacks (which I will not discuss). Secondly, OS X is *not* free. The latest version is roughly $120. None of us can tell you if OS X is better, but if you have a regular PC, it's not even an option.

I think perhaps you're confusing Apple's OS X with something else. There is no such thing as "Linux OS X".
    hm ok but so do i download UBUNTU? And what can i download other wrsions of Linux for run on MS windows

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_co
    hm ok but so do i download UBUNTU?
    The Ubuntu website is http://www.ubuntu.com/. Ubuntu is a distribution of Linux; there are hundreds of other distributions; you may want to look around to see what is right for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_co
    And what can i download other wrsions of Linux for run on MS windows
    Linux does not "run on" Windows or have anything else to do with Windows. It is a different operating system.