Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know it says kernel 2.4 but I've since upgrades to 2.6.8. I'm can't get my computer to see my keyboard thats pluged into my KVM. couild someone tell which ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

KVM switch and 2.4 kernel problems

I know it says kernel 2.4 but I've since upgrades to 2.6.8.

I'm can't get my computer to see my keyboard thats pluged into my KVM. couild someone tell which modules I need to load?

Linux User
    I have some minor KVM issues with one of my KVM's as well..

If I select the Linux PC on the KVM before I boot, and leave it selected until boot completes the keyboard and mouse work fine. if I switch to another system during boot when I switch back I will have no Keyboard or mouse..

Once the system is up and working when I switcxh back and forth I will sometimes loose the keyboard (this happens on my windows AND Linux box so it's hte KVM not the PC's) I keep switching back nad forth until I get the keyboard functionality back, or worst case I hit the reset button on the KVM.

Try the first suggestion though, seriously, select the machine that is booting and leave it selected until boot complets. you shouldn't need any sepcial modules just because you are using a KVM, but let me tell you apparently all KVM's are NOT created equal.
    far...out

Thumbs up It works...

I went back to kernel 2.4 and removed the usbmouse and usbkbd modules and installed the hid, input, mousedev, and kbddev modules and it works perfectly... Thanks for the help.