Find the answer to your Linux question:
i'm trying to install debian testing, and have downloaded and burned the kde-testing iso. however, when i turn on, or reboot, my machine, it doesn't boot. i've checked the boot ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

testing-kde-cd doesn't boot

i'm trying to install debian testing, and have downloaded and burned the kde-testing iso.

however, when i turn on, or reboot, my machine, it doesn't boot. i've checked the boot sequence in the bios, and the cdrom is first.

What process did you use to burn the ISO?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Isn't the KDE Debian CD just a non-bootable set of packages? I think you will need the first CD as well
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    i burned the iso on my gf's windows machine, by dragging it into the cdrom and clicking the 'burn these files' (or something similar) link.

Quote Originally Posted by memius
    i burned the iso on my gf's windows machine, by dragging it into the cdrom and clicking the 'burn these files' (or something similar) link.
    You should choose the "burn CD image" option. The .iso file is a disk image.

Also, as Etch is now stable, you shouldn't use the testing image. Here is the Etch KDE CD:
    http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/...6-kde-CD-1.iso
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    thanks - i'll try that.

why shouldn't i use testing? isn't there a new testing branch called lenny now?

Quote Originally Posted by memius
    why shouldn't i use testing? isn't there a new testing branch called lenny now?
    Yes, you are right about that. Debian testing is now called "lenny".

You can use that as well.
    Debian Testing KDE
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee