Find the answer to your Linux question:
When i try to install wolfenstien et through the Konsole it comes up and says "Permission denied"... how do i get past this????... i don't want to install the game ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Wolenstien et ....

When i try to install wolfenstien et through the Konsole it comes up and says "Permission denied"... how do i get past this????... i don't want to install the game in the root file... just my user one... HELP!!!!

Try this:
    Code:
    chmod 755 <name of et bin>
    This will give everyone read/execute access. From here, try to execute the et installer.
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    Thanx a lot...... i will go home tonight and try it out..... i am at work right now... and of course.... its an xp box...lol....... btw.... my boss is trying to block our internet...... i know that i can go into the router and change the ports to get past this.... but what ports do i change to?

Quote Originally Posted by SirSean
    Thanx a lot...... i will go home tonight and try it out..... i am at work right now... and of course.... its an xp box...lol....... btw.... my boss is trying to block our internet...... i know that i can go into the router and change the ports to get past this.... but what ports do i change to?
    If your boss is trying to block your internet, perhaps you shouldn't surf on company time. We can't help you with things that could be considered illegal.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    cant blame a guy for trying.... thanks for the help though...