Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am hoping to convert to Linux from Windows. But to keep up my productivity level, I need to be able to define multiple keystrokes for specific X windows. For ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Redefine multiple keystrokes

I am hoping to convert to Linux from Windows. But to keep up my productivity level, I need to be able to define multiple keystrokes for specific X windows.

For example, in Open Office Writer I want to be able to use the 2 key sequence "Ctrl-Q,Ctrl-S" to move the cursor to the beginning of the line (i.e. this sequence should send the {Home} keystroke) and the sequence "Ctrl-Q,Ctrl-D" to move the cursor to the end of the line (i.e. this sequence should send the {End} keystroke).

Is there anything I can use to accomplish this for X windows? At present I use the very powerful AutoHotKey in Windows to accomplish this. I don't need something as powerful as AutoHotKey. I just need to be able to intercept X key and mouse events, do a little scripting and then send X key and mouse events.

bhoyt

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, bhoyt!

Sorry, but it's against the forum rules to post duplicate threads:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ums-rules.html

Please continue your discussion in your other thread regarding this subject.

Regards,

oz
    oz