Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. My problem is that I've installed Blackbox. I'm using Xubuntu Feisty which has gdm as default login manager. In the Blackbox documentation it says that in order to configure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problems configuring blackbox with gdm

Hello. My problem is that I've installed Blackbox. I'm using Xubuntu Feisty which has gdm as default login manager. In the Blackbox documentation it says that in order to configure it, I have to create and edit .blackboxrc file. The thing is that when I start blackbox, it doesn't seem to be reading that file, becuase regardless any change that I make, It always look the same. So then I tries to modify the .Xsession file to force blackbox to load my .blackboxrc file, and to my surprise, found that .Xsession was nowhere pointing to blackbox. After looking for some minutes, I found that in /usr/share/xsessions (which wasn't mentioned in any FAQ or document) there is a blackbox.desktop file that has the binary command.

Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Encoding=UTF-8
    Name=Blackbox
    Comment=Highly configurable and low resource X11 Window manager
    Exec=blackbox
    Terminal=False
    TryExec=blackbox
    Icon=blackbox.xpm
    Type=Application

[Window Manager]
    SessionManaged=true
    Now, when I change Exec=blackbox with Exec=blackbox -rc ~/.blackboxrc and login, it gives an error saying it couldn't be found. I tried changing to "blackbox -rc $HOME/.blackboxrc" or "blackbox -rc /home/eclaria/.blackboxrc" and it keeps saying the same.

Next thing I've did was to look for some default configuration file, but couldn't find any, so I'm a bit stuck here.

If anyone could give any help with this problem, (I know this issue is noobish) I would appreciate it very much.

I'm not sure I'm understanding your problem. Are you trying to configure gdm to give the choice of blackbox as your default window manager, or are you trying to get whatever customizations you made to your blackbox desktop to load?
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here