OK, Frets on Fire, shouldn't take up a lot of resources or anything, right? I have no special mods or anything - in fact, I have the 'chillin' mod (or whatever one gives you toned down graphics) on and that's it.

No RF mod... yet.

I've also tweaked the other settings, like Video so it's on its lowest requirements but still smooth through menu's and the game itself, and Audio so it's also on the lowest requirements and makes the game run smoother.

So in game, everything seems fine...

I get to the middle of a song and suddenly the game decides to freeze for a few loooong seconds, then resume back to play. WTF?

I disabled my screen saver, I have compiled (AND KNOW WORK) nVIDIA drivers so I have 3D acceleration and whatnot... It's just, well, this is bugging the hell out of me.

Also, I have one of those USB converters so I decided to use my GH2 guitar from my PS2 and configure everything and whatnot, which seemed pretty solid. The thing is, I can't seem to hold ANY long notes, even when I have the button firmly pressed down, KNOWING that the damn button is down, and yet in the middle of a long note it decides my finger isn't touching it - it's very touchy, to say the least.

I checked out some topics and forums, and some said you needed to upgrade your kernel to fix the USB PS2 port problem, which worked. But still, sometimes the button decides I'm not touching it - again, being very sensitive - and lets off on a long note.

Is it the guitar, or something to do with the USB port? Oh yea, and the other question.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm running Xubuntu and my specs are P4 1.60GHz CPU, 1 Gig of RAM, and a GeForce2 MX/MX 400 graphics card.