Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just installed google earth on my macbook running fedora8 but when I try to run it my X session dies and I get thrown back to the login screen.. Any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

google earth kills X

Just installed google earth on my macbook running fedora8 but when I try to run it my X session dies and I get thrown back to the login screen..

Any ideas how to fix it

I dont have any experience of Macbook but it looks like Graphics Card problem. Which Graphics Card do you have? Have you installed Graphics Driver? Does it support 3D effects?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    I don't have any experience of Macbook but it looks like Graphics Card problem. Which Graphics Card do you have? Have you installed Graphics Driver? Does it support 3D effects?
    Its an older macbook so uses an intel GMA950 I'm using the i810 driver i believe (at least thats what my xorg.conf says)

Im also using 915resolution in order to get 1280x800 to work, also GLX indirect is working but I've not yet figured out how to setup GLX direct rendering.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close