Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello people I m using Mozilla 2.0 in Centos. I dont find Times New Roman font in it how can Install TNR font in Mozilla?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Need Times New Roman Font for Mozilla

Hello people I m using Mozilla 2.0 in Centos. I dont find Times New Roman font in it how can Install TNR font in Mozilla?

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm pretty sure that font comes with the MS core fonts package. If they do, be sure that's what you want, then use your package manager to install the core fonts. I don't personally like the mscorefonts, so never install them. Maybe there is another version of Times New Roman font in the repos for your distro that you could install.
    oz

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    If you have access to a Windows installation, you can copy your Windows truetype fonts from C:\Windows\Fonts to a USB stick or cd (if you dual boot, you can just mount the windows partition and copy them directly to Linux) and use them on Linux. If you use KDE, you can run kfontinstaller to install the fonts on your system. If you prefer the command line or don't use KDE, copy the fonts to /usr/loca/share/fonts/msfonts (create this directory if it does not exist) and then as root do
    Code:
    cd /usr/local/share/fonts/msfonts
    mkfontdir && mkfontscale && fc-cache
    When you start new applications, they will recognise the new fonts. When you logout and back in again, all apps should be able to recognise and use the new fonts.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Ozar what is the alternative for TNR font in linux get me the name of it.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by reiko View Post
    Ozar what is the alternative for TNR font in linux get me the name of it.
    The ttf-linux-libertine fonts package will give you Times New Roman fonts. If you want to install them, your best bet is to install the package directly from the default package manager residing in your own distro.
    oz