Find the answer to your Linux question:
I currently use Mandrake 9.1 with a top screen menu bar. I want to know if you can change the logo/icon that appears next to it and also if its ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

icons and lookey feeley

I currently use Mandrake 9.1
    with a top screen menu bar.

I want to know if you can change the logo/icon that appears next to it and also if its possible to change the Gnome foot icon to something else. Not that I don't like the gnome foot but i just want to know.

cheers

kris
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

Linux Enthusiast
    kde has tons of themes that change things around, as for gnome, they have themes too, not to many that come with the install, but i hear there are some, i don't really use mdk, so i am not as well versed with it.

you could always google for gnome themes and then you could install them

Linux User

thanks

Yes I have got some themes. But i thought that maybe the logos were just graphics that i could replace with my own. the menu bar and task bar and just applets and external to gnome itself. so i thought maybe they were customisable through config files or the like.

anyway cheers.
    kris
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    The logos are most certainly configurable. I don't know where, though. See the GNOME System Administrator's refernce on gnome.org, and I'm sure it says how to.