Find the answer to your Linux question:
SUSE 9.1 Pro Everytime I change something in X Menu Editor, or create a shortcut to the app on the custom or regular panel items start disappearing from Menu Editor. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

KDE Menu Editror does not work as it should

SUSE 9.1 Pro
    Everytime I change something in X Menu Editor, or create a shortcut to the app on the custom or regular panel items start disappearing from Menu Editor. For Exmple There are normally 10 items Uner Internet Menu Editor, I create the custom Entry here for Mozilla and save the settings. After that the only thing that appears in Menu Editor after I save the changes is Mozilla everything else is gone. I've tried this numerous times with root user and with a couple of non-privileged users, same old crap.
    I've found the following link http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-l...-Nov/3806.html
    It appears that guy has the same problem but nobady was able to help him.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

I too have the EXACT same problem.

What's worse, I tried to make mine look a bit more like Windows and put all the folders under Applications and rename that folder Programs... :P - In the end barely any of the folders existed, and few actually had items in the folders!!

Oh well, I certainly learnt my lesson. In the end I had to start all over again, and I put what I wanted in each folder. "Good" I guess, since it's now personalised... however the hassle. Not too happy with it at all.

It's pretty surprising, especially the fact that SuSE is a KDE distro.
    I'd much rather use Gnome; but there are other errors there too which make Gnome impossible to use.

Seems like SuSE is ridden with bugs!