Find the answer to your Linux question:
Adept manager does not set to install XFCE as a requirement for Orage calendar, even though it is described as a calendar for XFCE, so I gave it a try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Orage calendar without XFCE4?

Adept manager does not set to install XFCE as a requirement for Orage calendar, even though it is described as a calendar for XFCE, so I gave it a try despite of using primarily fluxbox and having only KDE installed.

It did install, but didn't work. It appears as a running process, but there's no GUI of any sort. When I execute it through konsole, I often get messages like this:

Code:
    IceTransOpen: Unable to Parse address ���

Found 0 alarms of which 0 are active. (Searched 0 recurring alarms.)
    Which looks more like "self-talk" of the program than error messages. And at least once I executed it and there was no message; the prompt just disappeared (as it normally occurs when we execute something that keeps going, until we close it), but no GUI appeared, no calendar, nothing.

I'm using debian etch. Anyone knows what's going on?

Linux Guru
    If it's an applet for xfce, you might need to run xfce-panel or whatever it's called. Otherwise, you might not be able to access the interface.

But it's been long since the last time I tried xfce, I can barely remember the way that orage worked, so don't take my words too seriosly :P

Linux Newbie
    I tried to use it after running the xcfe-panel, but nothing appeared on the screen. Thanks anyway, I'm don't need that specific applet, I just wanted to try since xdeskcal and other alternatives have some issues.