Find the answer to your Linux question:
My "apps" file has: [app] (gdeskcal) [Sticky] {yes} [end] The "init" file does point to the "apps" file, and all the prior entries in the apps file have their "[end]"s. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

[SOLVED] How to set gdeskcal (tab-less) to be sticky in fluxbox

My "apps" file has:

[app] (gdeskcal)
    [Sticky] {yes}
    [end]

The "init" file does point to the "apps" file, and all the prior entries in the apps file have their "[end]"s.

I've just discovered that I can set it to be sticky via a middle-button click on the empty desktop space, but even if I set to remember it, it won't.

The other question is if is there anyway to set applications like karm and kalarm to start "closed", in the system tray only...

Linux Newbie
    I posted it long ago, so I can't edit anymore. I'll post some "almost" answers I've found since then. (The one that I mentioned early actually does not work for some reason, only temporarily)

First of all, that was a problem only with the amd64 version of debian; with the 386/686, the "normal" ones this problem does not occurs.

However, sometime ago I've read that there's a program - wmctrl - that allows to control some aspects of window management via command line - or script. Then the stickyness could probably be forced "artificially" with some startup script, or perhaps some background script that fixes it every now and then.

I've not tested the solution, so I don't really know if it's a solution. Anyway, I hope it can be useful just in case someone with a similar issue stumbles in this topic.