Find the answer to your Linux question:
Are the graphics on the playing cards in the new KDE4 games as bad for the rest of you as they are for me on this machine? The card backs ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

[SOLVED] KDE4-Games Graphics

Are the graphics on the playing cards in the new KDE4 games as bad for the rest of you as they are for me on this machine?

The card backs look fine, but take a look at the edges of the numerals and the symbols on the fronts of each card. They are very rough and jagged around the edges, almost like they've been highly scaled up. I tried reducing the size of the window so the cards would scale down in size a bit, but that didn't really help much.

Anyone know of any fix for this?
    oz

oz
    forum.guy

Ah, a partial fix...

Ok, shortly after posting I found an option in the settings for "show old style decks".

Picking that and going with "standard" gave me the cards from KDE3 that have a smoother look about them. They don't scale up when you increase the size of the window, but at least they aren't so rough around the edges.

Edit: Not sure what's going on but now I'm unable to find the card set that look so poorly in the screenshot above. Anyway, all is good now, so marking this thread solved.
    Last edited by oz; 04-29-2008 at 02:54 AM.
    oz