Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a new user of redhat 9. while booting it is showing GDM could not write a new authorization entry to disk possibly out of disk space. Error: no ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gdm not start and unable to boot system

I am a new user of redhat 9. while booting it is showing GDM could not write a new authorization entry to disk possibly out of disk space. Error: no space left in device.

When pressing ok it is showing "I could not start x-server(Your graphical enviornment) due to some internal error. Please contact your system administrator or check your syslog to diagnose. In the mean time this display will be disabled. Please start GDM when the problem is corrected.

It is also showing /etc/mtab.tmp nospace left in disk.

Kindly advice how the prolem can be solved.

Hi and Welcome !
    I am a new user of redhat 9. while booting it is showing GDM could not write a new authorization entry to disk possibly out of disk space. Error: no space left in device.
    Boot up in command line mode and check how much free space is available. Execute df -h command.

Is there any reason for using such an old, obsolete version of RedHat? I would suggest you to install latest version of Fedora or CentOS. Both are RedHat based and free to download/install.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First