Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone, So normally i can figure this sort of thing out, but i feel like ive tried everything. Ive got KBFX installed and it works no problem. but i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

KBFX themes?

Hey everyone,
    So normally i can figure this sort of thing out, but i feel like ive tried everything. Ive got KBFX installed and it works no problem. but i cant seem to install any themes whatsoever. Ive tried extracting my themes to the directory that it tells me "/usr/share/apps/kbfx/skins" and ive clicked the install theme button and pointed it to my .tar theme. When i hit ok the computer loads somehting for a second but nothing shows up on the menu and nothing changes... i cant seem to get this theme to install for anything,. Has anyone ever been able to install a KBFX theme? ive googled it and this seems to be a common problem.. thanks {8^)

-Z
    I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world because they\'d never expect it.

alright so i got it figured out. for anyone who has this same problem, apparentally i had to run "kbfxconfigapp" as root, then delete all of the default themes, then extract the theme i wanted into the /usr/share/apps/kbfx/skins" directory, then click the "install theme" button and then it installed. weird. but anyway it works now and if anyone else had the same problem thats how i fixed it. Hope this helps someone.

-Z
    I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world because they\'d never expect it.