Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi , i updated my machine with the latest updates on June 15th 08 , but after that i am not able to create a new user . If i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

unistall updates on certain date

Hi ,

i updated my machine with the latest updates on June 15th 08 , but after that i am not able to create a new user . If i create a new user , that user wont work properly . How can i uninstall updates that is installed on certain date . and also the new kernel is not working correctly .

Please help .

Thanks
    Anoop Peethambaran

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

If the package manager for your distribution keeps a log of files installed/updated, go to it and see what files were updated on that date, then install the previously released packages over them. It might work.

Otherwise, you might have to reinstall unless you have a backup of your system dated before the date in question.
    oz

Just Joined!
    can you please tell me how to take the log of the package manager , i am using Fedora Core 9

oz
    forum.guy
    Most log files are kept in /var/log, but I'm not sure about any files for YUM because I've not run Fedora in about 6 years. Maybe someone that runs it can provide better info.
    oz