Find the answer to your Linux question:
KDE has a special printer that allows printing to PDF and automatically opens a new message window with that same PDF file attached for you to type in your message ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question How to Print to "Send PDF by email" with Thunderbird instead of Kmail?

KDE has a special printer that allows printing to PDF and automatically opens a new message window with that same PDF file attached for you to type in your message (the "Send PDF file by Email" printer).

It works perfectly with Kmail but, unfortunately, the standard email program my company chose is Thunderbird.

My question is: how can I integrate it with Thunderbird?

Simply chosing Thunderbird as the default e-mail program by entering "thunderbird" on the box "Use a different e-mail client" (or would it be "Use another e-mail client"?) on "KDE Control Center > KDE Components > Component Selector > E-mail Client" isn't enough: it opens the new email window but without the PDF file attached.

Entering "thunderbird %A" was of no use either.

I have been playing along trying pipes but without any succes until now.

I guess I should let this option just as "thunderbird" and reconfigure that special printer. I just don't know how.

Does anyone have any clue?

Just Joined!

How to Mail PDF printer in KDE with thunderbird

Just create another Pseudo printer and name it whatever you want and put the following in it

ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=%psl %in %out && thunderbird -compose 'attachment=file:%out' && sleep 15 && rm -f %out