Find the answer to your Linux question:
respected sirs, I am new to linux. downloaded fedora 9 kde live cd and loaded in my toshiba laptop. I got a message after completion of loading but I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

booting problem

respected sirs,

I am new to linux. downloaded fedora 9 kde live cd and loaded in my toshiba laptop.

I got a message after completion of loading but I have not filled proper information and i skipped them. when I restarted the os I got pop menu asking me to login domain and password. I am unable to provide the information, so that the os is not booting. please help me to over come the problem.

thanking you and all

satyanarayana, karraa

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Just my opinion, but it would probably be easiest to simply reinstall, filling in all information before the installation completes. If you didn't set a root password during the installation, you might be able to boot into run level 1 and set a new password. You can follow this howto for steps in doing that:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...-password.html
    oz

Linux Guru
    There's no need to reinstall for such a simple thing, that's too windowsy.

Just boot from a livecd, mount your / partition somewhere under /mnt, then cd to it, do "chroot .", and use passwd to set a root password.

Single user mode should work as well. Just edit your boot line on grub and add a 1 to the kernel line if nothing else works.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close