Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was wondering if there was any way to run a single GUI application from the tty 1 without running the full desktop?!??! Say, like I tried running Celestia (like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

single X window application from terminal

I was wondering if there was any way to run a single GUI application from the tty 1 without running the full desktop?!??!

Say, like I tried running Celestia (like Stellarium, astronomical software/application) from the desktop and I found it taking 100% cpu resources and getting slowed down. On MS Windows after all it works smoothly, even multiple instances of Celestia work on MS without getting stuck. But I want it to run the same way on Linux too.

It occurred what if it runs solely from the terminal without even logging to the desktop environment.

Is it possible this way any X window application can run. Only a single GUI application without running the desktop.

Hope it was clearly put!?!?

Just Joined!
    Try:

/usr/bin/xinit /path/to/program -- /usr/bin/X :0

Of coz, change the path accordingly, you could also just put them inside a script and pipe the output somewhere else, so you could use the terminal as well.

Make sure you are in runlevel 3 when you run this.(run init 3)