Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm wondering how to make the applets start on boot. Is there a setting or script I should write? I have restore previous session selecteded in the control center. If ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

KDE Panel Applets start on boot

I'm wondering how to make the applets start on boot. Is there a setting or script I should write? I have restore previous session selecteded in the control center. If it makes a difference, I'm using Debian Lenny. Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!
    If this is however possible to achieve, it would have to be configured in BIOS or in possibly /etc/rc5.d, as well.

Run level 5 or 6 will have to be newly configured, I guess.

The file that guides run level 5 or 6 to the splash screen, would have to start the applet instead of the splash screen.

If you know, what you are doing, and are able to reverse your changements, you could do a little experimenting....

But I see a major problem in, how you would be able to get to your desktop, after you had finished using your applet.

However: It would cost you only a few second, to choose your applet from KMenu on the desktop.

Is it worth all the trouble to change the booting process, so that the last run level would function differntly?

I wouldn't recommend changing your runlevels for a user script. For a start runlevel six reboots your PC...Also those scripts run as root and would run non-interactively.

I would recommend putting a script in ~/.kde/Autostart or ~/.config/Autostart

I think that your applets should be starting automatically though. Have you had any errors?