Find the answer to your Linux question:
It looks like there is little support for offline Linux users around. From installing packages to compiling source code, there always seems a need to connect to net in some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Offline KDE4 Installation

It looks like there is little support for offline Linux users around. From installing packages to compiling source code, there always seems a need to connect to net in some situations.*

After hardcore use of Google, i haven't gotten any lead to installing kde4 offline. I use the internet @ my university, usually download my packages/sources then take them to my machine @ home to install/compile.

Is there any way to download kde4 offline?

Please help on the methods that could work. (including all the advanced methods if any)!

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You can check the Kubuntu site to see about getting them to send you a free installation disk that might have KDE4 on it:

How Can You Get Kubuntu? | Kubuntu

Otherwise, check here for getting KDE on a CD:

K Desktop Environment - KDE on CD-ROM
    oz

trust me i did all my research and @ the end of those links (i use .deb packages). it always says "aptitude install kde4" that requires a live connection

oz
    forum.guy
    You could probably download the entire contents of a repository that contains KDE 4 deb packages (and their dependencies) for your distribution , burn them all to a CD, setup apt to install from a CD, and then get them installed that way.

In addition, I think the KDE4 packages on the Kubuntu CD will be deb packages, but they might not work properly on whatever distribution you are using.

Maybe someone else will post an easier way to get the job done.

Best of luck with it.
    oz

got that...
    -ill try that out and post how it turns out