Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to change default single click used in sidebar panels (KDE apps such as Kate and Amarok) to double click. Example: Kate - when i click (one time) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question How to set double click in sidebar "filesystem view" panel (in Kate, Amarok)

I would like to change default single click used in sidebar panels (KDE apps such as Kate and Amarok) to double click.

Example:

Kate - when i click (one time) on filename file editor open file...

Amarok - when i click (one time) on the directory name, amarok open directory and show subdirs or files...

I wish to set sidebar panel that i need to click two times to open files od directories and single click is only selecting file/dir name.

It's not in the same "double click" which i can setup in KDE preferences. When i done that KDE works correctly with double clicking but applications sidebar "filesystem view" use still single clicking on the list...

Screenshot of Kate and sidebar on the left:

and screencast recorded by xvidcap with filesystem view with single click: open mpeg (700kb)

Please help me to set double click

Linux Guru
    systemsettings -> keyboard & mouse -> mouse

There you can set single/double and a few other options.

I assume it's kde4 cause of the oxygen curson on your screencast, I really don't use kde so much and I am not sure. I am fairly sure that kde3 has a similar option somewhere in kcontrol. Though I haven't it installed to check.