Find the answer to your Linux question:
We wish to have two monitors with the same content including cursor, but each display should be driven by different controller(from different vendors). Is there a way to configure XORG ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Two displays, two controllers, same content

We wish to have two monitors with the same content including cursor,
    but each display should be driven by different controller(from different vendors).
    Is there a way to configure XORG to suport that?

Xinerama "ON" enables same content(same picture), but Cursor is seen
    only at one screen at the same time.

The application is similar to having a Desktop with two Video Adapters from different vendors, one of them drives local monitor and the second drives a projector. The content should be the same on both monitors.

Same resolution and color depth is acceptable.Runing 2.6.18 .
    (Kernel=2.6.1

Avi

Just Joined!
    I am sure you have heard of the Twinview command within the "nvidia-settings" command you can use when you have two monitors and one nvidia card with the capability to run two monitors. I think this might help. Sincerely,

Just Joined!

Nvidia Twinview

Quote Originally Posted by top7sun View Post
    I am sure you have heard of the Twinview command within the "nvidia-settings" command you can use when you have two monitors and one nvidia card with the capability to run two monitors. I think this might help. Sincerely,
    Thank you,
    Nvidia Twinview requires one Nvidia card connected to two monitors, but in my configuration I have to use two different cards from two different vendors, so twinview would not work.

Two different video drivers are running- means two devices in the xorg.conf .

Avi

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close