Find the answer to your Linux question:
problem in installing qt4.4.3 source hi friends, I am a Qt programmer .. i use Linux - fedora core 7 in GNOME environment and worked in the source Qt4.4.3 from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem in installing qt4.4.3 source

problem in installing qt4.4.3 source
    hi friends,
    I am a Qt programmer .. i use Linux - fedora core 7 in GNOME environment and worked in the source Qt4.4.3 from troll tech open source .. yesterday i install the KDE libraries and its updates by yum ... now kde creates its own designer version 4.3.x but i worked in qt4.4.3 for long time so i again reinstall qt4.4.3 source .. the libraries are working fine but when i run designer it gives

QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QList<QChar>' for property 'KCharSelect::displayedChars'
    QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QList<QColor>' for property 'KColorCombo::colors'
    Error while reparenting!
    makekdewidgets(9469)/kio (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-chandru/ksycoca4"
    makekdewidgets(9469): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned initialize() D-Bus call failed: "The name org.kde.kded was not provided by any .service files"

makekdewidgets(9469) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::instance: instance(): ... initialised
    makekdewidgets(9469) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readConfig: readConfig(): local zone= "Asia/Calcutta"
    makekdewidgets(9469) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readZoneTab: readZoneTab( "/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab" )
    QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'KUrl' for property 'KUrlRequester::url'
    QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'KFile::Modes' for property 'KUrlRequester::mode'
    QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'KUrl' for property 'KUrlRequester::url'
    QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'KFile::Modes' for property 'KUrlRequester::mode'

i dont know how to resolve this problem please help me to find the solution ....

Just Joined!

QT-Discipline during installation

The following are the observations based on successful installation of QT4.3 on UBUNTU running on Sun Virtual Machine.

(1) Install entirely from sources (downloaded from trolltech)
    (2) Follow the instructuons about setting Environmental Variables needed for this installation as given below.
    Qt 4.3: Installing Qt/X11

*************** AND *********************

README provided in the sources. (ENV VARIABLES related guidance)

(3) ALL as ROOT

./configure

make

make install

Please make sure that the steps involved in installation are not any thing else other than README and guidance provided by trolltech.

make for me took 10 Hours as this builds all sub-sections of the QT Sources, including examples and QTOpenGL

Then if everything is fine, make install will take few minutes.

Happy QTing, please revert back if u have any queries.

9945111658/bangalore

Just Joined!

screenshot of designer

yes i down load the source from trolltech .com version qt4.4.3 .. again i try installing .. everything works fine except the designer .. i attached the screen shot of my designer qt4.4.3 with this thread
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just Joined!
    you can test for proper installation of the package by running the examples provided in the sources, were you able to run the examples like calculator?
    Designer I didn't actually test my focus was on whether the sources are built properly, install QT and whether some sample QT programs provided in the source/examples can be run,

How do you invoke designer? I will try and let you know the result.

Just Joined!
    yeah i can run the examples perfectly ... i am working in this examples for past 5 months ..
    when i try installing kde library this problem arise ....
    now i removed the kde libraries its coming fine ...

Just Joined!
    can u tell me how to invoke the developer? so do u feel it is because of KDE and GNOME incompatibility?

Just Joined!
    yes i am sure .. if i am using fc7 with kde libraries and sessions and try to compile source it gives the problem . because for fc7 the basic library is qt3.3 ..