Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm looking for a fullscreen Gnome launcher perhaps with a bit of eyecandy. Imagine a 1024x768 screen with 2 or 3 large icons for launching say Firefox, Thunderbird, Xine. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Looking for Fullscreen Gnome Launcher

Hi,

I'm looking for a fullscreen Gnome launcher perhaps with a bit of eyecandy. Imagine a 1024x768 screen with 2 or 3 large icons for launching say Firefox, Thunderbird, Xine. Kind of like a fullscreen Avant Window Manager. I want to be able to add a few custom launchers and icons. Some openGL eyecandy would be very nice.

Anyone have any recommendations? I've searched the net and found netbook-launcher but it's not configurable.

Regards,
    SoX

LOL, well if you have SVG icons you can strech them so much, about 1/4th or 1/6th size of your screen.

Gnome+Screenlets+Compiz Fusion+Emerald+Good Wallpaer/Theme is like so much eyecandy..
    More than this wont be good if you have diabetes
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply.

It did occur to me I could just stretch the icons on the gnome desktop, I had a look on compiz for icon effects but there doesn't seem to be any, or am I missing something? If I had a totally blank gnome desktop with 2 massive icons for buttons compiz may aswell not be running. I wouldn't be switching windows (anything run would run fullscreen), or switching workspaces.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close