Results 1 to 5 of 5
I have googled some pages but I still didn't find any answers to certain questions: 1. Is there a media manager for KDE4? In KDE 3 I used to setup ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 05-10-2009 #1
1. Is there a media manager for KDE4? In KDE 3 I used to setup DVD autoplay via KDE Control Center. Is there a way to define automatic reactions upon media insertion? I mean let Dolphin open the DVD into a new window.
Another topic is: How could I turn off the Urpmi's updates, because the GUI in rpmdrake doesn't let me to uncheck the updates.
- 05-11-2009 #2Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network.
Registered Linux user #481826 Get counted!
- 05-17-2009 #3
Two questions: KDE4
1. How to turn off the welcome-sound? I mean, the KDE's default login sound. I didn't found a switcher for that.
2. How can I autoplay DVDs upon insertion? I use to use smplayer, but now I can't see any options for that. If I knew which config file is for the media-manager, maybe I could override its settings.
- 05-17-2009 #4
1. Launch system settings, from the command line or the menu, under look and feel>Notifications>System Notifications> On the Applications Tab, you'll see a Drop down Scroll bar titled "Event Source" click this and select KDE System Notification, this is where you can disable/enable/edit all the sound theme parts. I'm not sure, but if you want to disable all of the system sounds, you might try click on the tab at the top titled "Player Settings" and select no output.
2. Keep me posted on this, I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.
- 05-18-2009 #5
The first question is solved. I only need to find out the way for the second one.