Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok so I am using Debian Squeeze. I have the open source radeon driver installed. I have wine installed. I also have nexuiz installed as well as Half-Life 2 Episode ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    s3a
    Just Joined!

Help me play Half-Life 2 (video card issue)!

Ok so I am using Debian Squeeze. I have the open source radeon driver installed. I have wine installed. I also have nexuiz installed as well as Half-Life 2 Episode One and Episode Two. To my knowledge, the radeon driver has good support with my ATI X600 PRO and I wouldn't necessarily need to use fglrx. I can run Nexuiz and have pretty good looking 3D graphics in that game yet in Half-Life 2 Episode One and Episode Two, I have similar issues. Episode One works with sound and no visuals while Episode Two freezes immediately after being launched and has some pixelated white screen. I know wine is not the issue since Half-Life 2 games are very well supported in wine to begin with.

What I am trying to understand is do Half-Life 2 games uses something other than OpenGL? Could that be the issue? Could someone please hold my hand through this just for the first time because I've been having lots of trouble leading nowhere for several days. The Debian people have attempted to help me in the following thread: http:/ /forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40584&p=240434#p240434 however, I still have not succeeded.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I put a space after http:/ because the forums didn't let me post a link without having made at least 15 posts which is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

What wine configuration you have done?
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed