Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am having a problem with ubuntu 9.04. I am running dual monitors and I set the changes in the "Display Preferences" utility to have an extended desktop on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile [SOLVED] desktop keeps changeing back to cloned display

Hello, I am having a problem with ubuntu 9.04. I am running dual monitors and I set the changes in the "Display Preferences" utility to have an extended desktop on the second monitor, but when ever I log off or reboot my machine the setting go back to cloned view. I am using a pcie radeon x550, and I was trying to get my on board ati x1200 to work so that I could have all three monitors up. Right now I really just want to get my setting permanent for the dual monitors, then after that I would like to tackle the 3 monitors. I have been using ubuntu on and off for a while now. Mostly the 8.04 desktop and server version. i just recently installed 9.04 on my desktop. everything is good other than my problem with my dual monitors. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!

got it

I figured it out. After messing around with Ubuntu 9.04, 8.10. and 8.04 I just stuck with the best one which is 8.04 too me. The newer two versions of Ubuntu had too many issues with my hardware. I am not saying that they are bad. I actually like 9.04 because of its new bundle and up to date softwares and functionality. Oh well It would have cost me more money to keep it so I got things working for now. i downloaded the newest ATI driver from their site and ran the installation. once finished, I had to do a little configuration but it was cool, and I got it just the way I wanted it. Now I am still trying to figure out how to get more than 2 monitors up. ha ha